•Walt Whitman, “Song of Myself”Using excerpts from Self Reliance by Emerson and “Song of Myself” by Whitman, develop a two-page essay addressing the following questions:1.In what specific ways did Emerson and Whitman reflect the ideals of democracy? Who was to enjoy the fruits of this democracy?
2. How do they view independence and self-reliance?
3. What does Emerson recommend about cultural independence of the United States? Does Whitman reflect this same confidence in solely American intellectual trends?
4. In what ways were these men visionaries, reflecting the spirit of social experimentation characteristic of the age in which they lived?
5. Why may they be said to be “Romantics”?
6. What is their view of nature and man’s relation to it?