Explain how the study of human behavior applies to social work practice. Include a discussion of theory, ethics, and research.
How does knowledge about dis-proportionality influence your perspective?
1. After reviewing the required reading on disproportionality, discuss the overrepresentation of children of color in the child welfare system.
2. What does over-representation mean? In what ways are children of color over represented?Continue reading
Read the “New Coke- Article”. Write a response to the following questions:
1. What assumptions did Coca Cola Company make?
2. What biases can you identify?
3. What did competitors do before and after the launch?
4. What would you do differently?
Describe your professional goals and explain how earning your Doctorate of Social Work will help you achieve them. Your thoughtfully crafted responses should demonstrate how you will thrive in our program — and throughout your social work career. Discuss how your past academic and professional experiences have shaped your ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation, be an effective leader, and collaborate with stakeholders
Select a social problem related to at least one of the 12 Grand Challenges for social work that you aspire to solve during your professional career. Explain who must change their behaviors, and which practices they must change, to solve the problem.
What were the Stop-and-Frisk policies in New York City? Did race and social stratification affect how these policies were employed?
What is Precision Policing? Explain thoroughly and cite any sources you use to back up your explanations.