- Which statement is correct?
- Any nonperformance when performance is due is a breach.
- A party has not breached if he has substantially performed.
- If a court determines that a party has substantially performed, then the other party
- has the right to terminate the contract.
- has the right to suspend performance.
- has no rights.
- may seek damages for any loss caused by the breach.
- If enforced by the court, what is the typical effect of a “time is of the essence” clause?
- A partially breaching party who is late in performing is given time to cure the breach.
- The clause negates the right of the breaching party to cure if he is late in performance
In preparation for the hurricane season, Barney, who owns beachfront property in Florida, enters into a contract with XYZ Contractors to have a wall built to prevent waves from reaching his house. The contract requires that the wall be finished by June 1, which is the start of the hurricane season. The contract has a clause that states “time is of the essence.” During the last week of May, the wall is still 30% incomplete. Even if XYZ Contractors worked around the clock, it would miss the June 1 deadline—a fact that XYZ acknowledges. Barney terminates the contract and hires another contractor to finish the wall.Continue reading
Discuss the immigration policies of President Obama and President Trump. First, looking at President Trump, would you say that his policies are/were consistent with past US approaches to immigration? Why or why not? Second, do you see more continuity or change between President Obama and President Trump? How do you explain either that continuity or change?
Could cannibalism evolve and/or be maintained via natural selection? [Note: think beyond human cannibalism]
Compare and contrast Robert Dahl’s 5 criteria for a functioning constitutional system in comparison to what we now know about the powers and limits of the US Presidency. What formal powers are accorded to the President in the Constitution? What informal powers can the President draw upon?
Do you think Dahl’s criteria are met by the description of the presidency here? What about executive orders? Military power? Impeachment process? How would you change the powers, limits and/or role of the United States Presidency? In your opinion, should the president have more powers or fewer? Should certain informal or formal powers be withdrawn or expanded?
Discuss the immigration policies of President Obama and President Trump, using the assigned readings, recorded lectures, your position paper, and the positions taken in abstracts by your classmates. Looking at President Trump, would you say that his policies are/were consistent with past US approaches to immigration? Why or why not?Continue reading
Research and explain the traits of The Dark Triad (Psychopathy, Machiavellianism, Narcissism)
1. Give an example of 3 leaders that demonstrate some of the Dark Triad traits-
2. Describe their career path, successes, failures, and the legacy they left behind (positive or negative).
Frank Lloyd Wright was one of the most influential architects of the twentieth century. In many of his works he strives for an “organic architecture,” where the building mirrors or blends with the environment where it is placed. Because of this, many of his buildings are site specific – meaning if they were moved to an alternate location they would no longer have the same appeal or carry the same meaning for viewers.Continue reading
What political beliefs make you angry? How are they at odds with your own values and point of view? What is your impression of people who hold these beliefs? Where do you think these ideas come from? Who are the leading figures on the other side? What leaders on the other side seem most thoughtful and trustworthy? What do they have to say? What is the history of this idea?Continue reading
Critically discuss the United States Foreign policy towards Africa since the end of the Cold War, including assessment of the Trump administrations retreat from Africa.