Clearly identify statements as TRUE or FALSE (2pts)
7. Under the plain view doctrine, police must have prior justification for being present at the scene.
8. Under the hot pursuit exception, probable cause may be based upon hearsay.
9. The exclusionary rule of law does not apply in homicide cases.
10. Systems theory will allow managers to understand that any changes made in their unit will have a corresponding impact on other units.
11. Misdemeanors have longer sentencing guidelines than felonies.
12.. Under the Fifth Amendment, the Miranda must be read at every stop and frisk encounter.
13. “ Alternatives to incarceration” are not legal in NYS.
Please answer the following questions. Keep in mind that sentence structure and grammar count and will be considered in the grade. No more than 1 paragraph each. Do not use quotes- all must be in your own words.
14. (3 pts) What is a “social norm” and how does it impact law enforcement? Provide examples
15. (4 pts) What are the four theories of punishment?
Extra credit question (2 points):
What is a grand jury, and how does it differ from a criminal trial jury?