What is it like to be a business professional working in the international business arena? Your assignment is to interview an individual whose occupation involves significant exposure to international business dealings (sales, purchasing, legal contracts, logistics, marketing, etc.). Get to know what their reality is in adjusting to the challenges created by international implications.
The interview with your subject should last at least 20minutes in length with the preferred format being in-person, via telephone is acceptable, and electronic interviews are the last resort. Review the following questions:
- How did you get started on this role?
- Describe what you do/your role as it pertains to global business.
- What are some of the unexpected challenges you face because of the way business has to be done?
- What are some of the ways in which you have had to adjust to put yourself in the best position to handle these challenges?
- What guidance do you have for young professionals today preparing for a possible career in your field?